I'm thinking of changing from specs to contact lenses, am I likely to have any problems?
It is difficult to know precisely whether or not you will have problems with changing from specs to contact lenses, however there are a few groups who experience difficulty wearing contact lenses, these include;
- Those whose eyes are affected by severe allergies
- Those who work in an environment with a lot of dust and chemicals
- Those with an overactive thyroid
- Those with uncontrolled diabetes
- Those with severe arthritis
- Those with overly dry eyes
Ask your optometrist for a contact lens examination to establish whether you are suitable for contact lenses and, if appropriate arrange a contact lens trial.
More help in store
If you need more help, you can contact us by searching for your nearest store below. Just type in your postcode, city or town.