How do I know if I need to see an audiology professional?
Senior Audiologist, Kathryn Launchbury discusses some tell-tale signs that may indicate that an appointment with an audiology professional would be beneficial.
Telltale signs of hearing loss
- Do you turn up the TV or radio louder than is comfortable for others?
- Is it sometimes difficult to hear what the person on the end of the telephone is saying?
- Do you have to ask people to repeat themselves?
- When you’re in a pub or restaurant, is it hard to follow what the person you’re talking to is saying?
- Have you started avoiding places where you can’t hear properly?
If you are experiencing any of these signs, we advise you to act as early as possible and see an audiology professional.